Zurück   EffizienzGurus Forum > Die Effizienz-Schmiede > Luft- und Passivkühlung

Hinweise

Car maintenance fun: running AC spikes temp gauge

Dieses Thema wurde 0 mal beantwortet und 34 x angesehen.

Antwort

Themen-Optionen
Alt 17.05.2018, 09:09   #1
Novize

Standard Car maintenance fun: running AC spikes temp gauge

HI,

Yay, another car maintenance issue for me! Here's the deal now. Whenever I run my AC in my car (2002 Outback), the temp gauge spikes in my car in a matter of minutes. Yes, it is now 98* here in Texas but last summer, I wasn't having this issue so it is a recent issue. I started noticing it about a week ago when I was running my AC and it got hot all of a sudden. I thought, shit, my AC has gone out again. I turned off the AC and drove home without noticing anything. A couple of days later, I noticed AC got hot again. I happened to look at my temp gauge and it was pegged. I turned off the AC and there was no smoke nor steam coming from under the hood so I drove the 1 mile home. Once I got home (~4 minutes), the temp gauge was normal again. I tried it on purpose 2 more times the past 2 days (98* yesterday, 78* today). Both times, I would turn on the AC and it would blow cold air. I would watch the temp gauge and within a matter of 2-3 minutes, the temp gauge would be pegged. It also seems to happen faster when I'm driving faster on the freeway than when I'm driving slower on city streets. I would turn off the AC and the temp gauge would go back down to a normal level within a couple of minutes.I am taking it to the shop on Saturday to get it checked out because having a car without AC in the summer (yes, it is summer here already) in Texas is downright torturous. So, does anyone have any ideas as to what could be wrong and what needs to be replaced? Thermostat? Radiator? The entire fucking car?

Please help.

I did not find the right solution from the internet.

References:
https://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?t=1144458
Explainer video production agency

Thanks!
tompitt ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Antwort

Lesezeichen

Themen-Optionen