Zurück   EffizienzGurus Forum > Hardware > Festplatten, SSDs und optische Laufwerke

Hinweise

Hard Drive randomly disappearing... ???

Dieses Thema wurde 0 mal beantwortet und 397 x angesehen.

Antwort

Themen-Optionen
Alt 27.06.2018, 14:40   #1
Greenhorn

Standard Hard Drive randomly disappearing... ???

Hello,

I have a Windows 7 Ultimate machine that I use as my home "server"/HTPC (ie: it houses all of our media and streams it to various devices, and it is also hooked up to our LCD TV). It has a 500 GB drive as its system/boot drive (C:\, on SATA Port 1), and two 1 TB drives as secondary/storage drives (D:\ and E:\ on SATA Port 2 and SATA Port 3, respectively). All drives are SATA. There is also a BD-ROM/DVD-RW/CD-RW drive in there, also SATA (on SATA Port 4). The motherboard is configured to use SATA drives in native SATA/AHCI mode.The problem is that, every now and again (once a week or so, but not on any kind of regular schedule), the secondary storage drive (E:\) will just disappear. It won't show up in Windows Explorer, it won't show up in Storage Management, it won't show up in Device Manager... nothing. It's just gone. No amount of refreshing/ rechecking hardware brings it back. Only a reboot does.
when it comes back, there are no errors, there is nothing in the event log, etc. I've run all kinds of checks on the disk, from within Windows, and without. I've run Windows tools, DOS tools, manufacturer tools (it's a Seagate, so SeaTools), and nothing ever turns up even a hint of a problem with the disk. I've swapped SATA cables, ports on the motherboard, power connectors.... it still only happens with this one drive.So... WTF, mate? This has to be a problem with either the MB or the HDD, right? Is this something I should worry about, if there are never any errors being thrown?
System Specs:
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Gigabyte GA-MA78LM-S2H
Athlon X2 5400+ (2.8 GHz, dual core)
2 x 2 GB Samsung DDR2-800
450 W Antec PSU (older, not TruPower or whatever)
WD 500 GB SATA HDD (boot drive)
Hitachi 1 TB SATA HDD (D:\)
Seagate 1 TB SATA HDD (E:\ - the problem drive)
LiteOn iHES112 BD-ROM/DVD-RW/CD-RW
Onboard video (ATI HD 3100)
Onboard everything else (no additional cards/addons/etc.)
I like to keep the system pretty simple, so that it "just works," as I don't want to have to dick around with my "server"/HTPC much.

Please help

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

References:
https://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?t=1177129
Web Video Animation Agency

Thank you
jackneeson ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Antwort

Lesezeichen

Themen-Optionen