Zurück   EffizienzGurus Forum > Hardware > Festplatten, SSDs und optische Laufwerke

Hinweise

Help: External Hard Drive "Disconnecting" Spontaneously

Dieses Thema wurde 0 mal beantwortet und 43 x angesehen.

Antwort

Themen-Optionen
Alt 27.06.2018, 14:38   #1
Greenhorn

Standard Help: External Hard Drive "Disconnecting" Spontaneously

Hello,

I have one of those "external" external hard drives that isn't an exclosure per se but is more just an open dock to vertically slide an exposed SATA hard drive into. I have it plugged into my Mac Mini via USB. If I turn it on, it connects fine. Everything works. An hour later or even a few hours later, it's still fine. However at some point past a few hours, such as overnight, the hard drive de-mounts from OS X 10.6.8 that's on the Mini. I've turned off the Power Management mode that allows putting a hard drive to sleep and that didn't help. What's weird is the power is still on to the hard drive "enclosure" but it's not recognized by the computer anymore. If I turn the hard drive off and back on again and also unplug the USB and back in again, then it's working fine as intended. Any idea what might be causing this? Also, tangentially related question, I intend to use this to replace a NAS device that's on my router. I'm going to sell the NAS and go to this 2TB SATA drive for all of my "NAS" related needs. So I set up "sharing" and it looks like it's going to work fine, when connecting to it from my MBP, but if anyone has any "best practices" on using an external USB Hard Drive as a NAS, I'd like to know.

Please help

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

References:
https://arstechnica.com/civis/viewto...f=20&t=1194697
Small Business Video Marketing Service

Thank you
jackneeson ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Antwort

Lesezeichen

Themen-Optionen